Thursday 2 June 2011

Assignment 5 - Applying the techniques of illustration and narrative.

I have now finished my magazine front page and article for this assignment,
click here to view my pdf...

After reading my tutor report for this assignment 5, she pointed out my horizon wasn't level on the final page.  As I was unable to return to Tenerife to retake the shot with a tripod as suggested, I have cheated and straightened it in iphoto, however this will look much better in the final printed magazine.  I must be careful of my horizons in future...  So, to view my corrected pdf please  click here.


With my pending holiday, I decided for this exercise, to produce a magazine article for the hotel we were going to visit.  I have thought about how it might be laid out and to the content it might have.

Hotel Recption or the entrance.
Rooms
general areas
Restaurants
Swimming pools
Sports
Beach
Health club
Garden areas

On Arriving I spent a few days looking around to select in my mind the shots I was going to take, then I selected the best ones from those.  Hopefully selling the hotel and telling the story of what the Hotel has to offer.   The photos are to follow, these are to be set out in brochure form, to enter for my assessment. Which I will do on 'pages'.  I will probably condense the pictures, not using all of them, i'll have to see how it sets out.

Also, as it has been the Royal Wedding of Kate and William, I decided to have a look at the Royal Wedding Photographer, Hugo Burnand.  I have also uploaded some photos by Alison Jackson which were in the Sunday Times, which were a very funny spoof of the Wedding.

I have added below two contrasting pictures taken from the newspaper, one showing a subject of little importance but is of good colour and composition.  The other is a news article of rampaging elephants, the pictures are grainy and poor quality but show exactly what is happening and you can see the fear of the people trying to escape the elephants. No story is needed here, it is all told visually.






Also, this weekend I visited The Old Truman Brewery, Brick Lane, London to see the Middlesex University Degree show.  The main reason for this was a friend of ours was showing her photographic work, just completing her degree.  I shall scan in her work and list under photographers.  It was very interesting to see what other people had chosen for their topics - a really varied selection.

Here is my Brochure... ( I may not use all the images ).


ABAMA HOTEL TENERIFE




HOTEL


ENTRANCE


RECEPTION


WONDERFUL VIEWS












BEAUTIFUL GARDENS 







EXCELLENT GOLF COURSE




THE BEACH



ADULT ONLY POOL








Correction





No comments:

Post a Comment