Wednesday 27 July 2011

Final Summary

This is the end of The Art of Photography, the first five assignments.
I have learnt so much and enjoyed all of the tasks set, some I have found harder than others, and still I forget to check my settings on the camera - although I think I have cracked that now !

I was quite nervous in the beginning as I have never done anything like this before and wasn't that comfortable with my camera even, and I did feel a bit silly 'at my age' dashing around with my camera, once my neighbour caught me taking a photo of an Oak leaf caught on the gate, I'm sure she thought I had lost my marbles. Another neighbour thought his wife was stalking him when he was snapped in a panning project, he must have a guilty conscience ...

But I have since noticed everybody is doing it, there are photographers everywhere. ... Doing this course has made me use my camera, which is what I really wanted to do, I always reverted to my compact camera before.

Actually using the camera is the only way to learn, and of course you learn by your mistakes.  I have muddled through at times and often had to wait for Uni holidays so that my children can show me how to use the computer to do various things. But in the process have learnt numerous things that I would never have done otherwise.

My lighting assignment wasn't my best, I put this down to a very sad time we were going through, but I have since re read the lighting book and this time the information has stay firmly in my head.  I need to retake a few of those shots before I put them forward for assessment. Which will be my next job.

So .... I'm really glad I started this process, and I think now I have finally relaxed, still loads to learn and practice will improve my pictures hopefully..

I have moved on to the 'People and Place' course, and I have a new blog for that, which can be seen here....


1st May 2012
I have started my third course Digital Photographic Practice .. which can be seen here....

No comments:

Post a Comment